At Monte Carlo Inns, we are passionate about giving back to the community and want to do all we can to support our chosen corporate charity. Beginning November 1st, the Round-Up 4 Kids campaign will once again raise money for respite and palliative care for families in Ontario who have medically fragile children. Whether you are staying at one of our hotels near the Toronto airport, in Mississauga, Ontario, or in the surrounding GTA, you can help support this worthy cause.
How Can I Contribute?
At Monte Carlo Inns, we believe in the importance of supporting local charities. The Round-Up 4 Kids campaign is in its second year and we are hoping that with your help, this year will be even more successful than the last.
Here’s how to contribute:
- Round-up -When you stay with us, you will have the option of rounding-up your bill to the nearest dollar (or more!). When guests round up their bills, this money will be donated directly to the cause to support the creation of programs and respite care for children with serious medical conditions.
- Donate online -No immediate plans to stay with us? Don’t worry. You can still support this wonderful charity by donating online. All funds will go directly to the charity and you will be making a significant impact in the lives of many children living with life-threatening illnesses. If you would like more information about the donation process, you can contact any of our locations.
We also run an Annual Charity Golf Tournament and Teddy Bear Toss to raise even more money for this cause. Throughout the year, these events help us to promote awareness of our campaign and raise funds for those who are in need.
Where do the Donations Go?
100% of all donations go to The Darling Home for Kids. The facility provides pediatric hospice and respite care to children with complex medical issues. We have been offering our support to The Darling Home for Kids for over 15 years now and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Darling Home for Kids
The Darling Home for Kids offers more than just compassionate care to families with sick children. They also provide:
- Respite programs - giving parents a much-needed break. Children are well looked after in day programs in a home-like environment while parents stay at home, or at a nearby hotel.
- Residential care - for extended visits, children have the option of receiving all necessary care while also engaging in a fun environment that allows them to make the most of their childhood.
- Palliative care - for loving and comfortable care from respite care, up to end of life support.
- Support and education - through day programs and community outreach services.
- Therapeutic programs - such as music therapy, recreation therapy, pet therapy, art therapy, hydrotherapy and multi-sensory therapy.
The Darling Home for Kids creates a home-like environment to support and comfort families who have children with life-limiting illnesses. What they offer is more than just a bed in a hospital, it is a home filled with love.
Chosen Corporate Charity of Monte Carlo Inns
In addition to the Darling Home for Kids, we support a number of other charities in the community, as well as a wide variety of youth sporting teams.
If you are visiting any of our hotels near the Toronto airport, hotels in Mississauga or across the Greater Toronto Area, please ask about the Round-Up 4 Kids Campaign during your stay. Your donations will help change the lives of many deserving children and their families.
Contact us today to schedule your next visit and make Monte Carlo Inns your home away from home.