The hardest thing about traveling is knowing where to eat. If you are passing through or staying a few days for a business trip, being familiar with the eateries in a new location can make or break your trip.
When traveling in the Greater Toronto Area, a multitude of restaurants will cater to your needs. From local bakeries to high class establishments, your taste buds will sizzle if you know where to look.
The restaurants below divide into categories to fit the various reasons of your visit. So if you are looking for a romantic evening out, a place to take a client, or anything in between, this list will cover you needs.
Your travel to the Greater Toronto Area may be for a romantic getaway or it may be for a business conference. Whatever the reason, the right restaurant sends the right message. You want to find a classy, upscale location that provides excellent service, delicious food, and the perfect ambiance for the evening.
When selecting dinning locations in the GTA, consider a few of these top reviewed establishments:
- Richmond Station: This eclectic eatery located in the downtown core focuses on crafting culinary delights. Experience food created by a master chef. Richmond Station is the perfect place for a romantic night out with your special someone.
- Scaramouche Restaurant Pasta Bar and Grill: For over 25 years this restaurant has continued to deliver satisfied diners, receiving excellent reviews from locals and international guests alike. Serving a variety of entrees, this restaurant provides a great atmosphere when you want to make a good impression with a client.
- New Orleans Seafood and Steakhouse: Experience Cajun-Creole cuisine at this Toronto restaurant. The doors to this unique eatery opened in 2005. Rarely advertising, this company keeps business booming by word of mouth, so you know it’s worth the trip.
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar: Canoe is an acclaimed restaurant which provides stylish atmosphere located on top of the TD Bank Tower. This is the perfect location to view the city while you eat. With private dining available, this location works well for business or romance.
- Oro: Originally Old Angelo’s, Oro is a neo-Italian style restaurant that pushes the limits of taste, striving to imbue old world Italian cooking with elements of modern style and flavor. Oro was named one of Canada’s Top 10 restaurants, and it comes highly recommended.
- The Keg Steakhouse and Bar: Serving only the finest ingredients, The Keg provides a quaint environment for the perfect romantic evening. You’ll love the food and the atmosphere.
Not everyone follows the same diet. Vegans, vegetarians and those who keep kosher may find it difficult to enjoy going out to eat because of a lack of options. Toronto offers a number of locations which accommodate those with a restricted diet.
- Eat Fresh Be Healthy: This restaurant’s philosophy is to provide healthy meals with unique ingredients obtained from local farmers. Eat Fresh Be Healthy updates its menu regularly to provide a variety of healthy nutritious options.
- George Restaurant: The chef at this award-winning restaurant strives to provide made-from-scratch ingredients to every meal. While not sole vegan in nature, George Restaurant offers vegan friendly menu options, as well as vegetarian tasting menus.
- Fresh On Spadina: Located on Spadina Avenue in downtown Toronto, Fresh serves up vegetarian breakfast and brunch. Fresh also whips up a multitude of smoothies, salads, juice mixes, and a number of other delicacies to please your palette.
You may find yourself in the mood for a special treat. Restaurants catering to their customer’s sweet tooth provide a unique culinary treat. Eat dessert first, paired with a nice bottle of wine or strong cup of coffee.
When the mood strikes you, here are a few locations you may want to consider:
- G for Gelato: Whether you are looking for a tasty breakfast or a late-night snack, this gelato and espresso bar serves a variety of homemade treats. Choose from a large selection of hand-made gelatos, or opt for their pizzas made with locally grown ingredients. G for Gelato has a little something for everyone.
- Soma Chocolate: This artisan chocolate shop makes homemade chocolate with beans from all over the world. Enjoy a variety of decadence while you watch chocolatiers craft chocolates. With two convenient locations, this is a must for the cocoa-connoisseur.
Check Out the Local Restaurants
If you are set on staying in your hotel after business meetings or a long day of travel, many restaurants now provide excellent cuisine from in-house restaurants. If you plan on staying in your hotel room for much of your trip, check with your hotel before book to see what foods they offer.
Toronto boasts many top-rated and well-reviewed restaurants. If you find yourself in the city, don’t miss out on a fine dining experience.