Diamond Rewards Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern all aspects of participation in the Monte Carlo Inn Diamond Rewards Program (sometimes referred to as the “Program”). They first went into effect May 23, 2007 and later revised on December 2nd, 2013.
- The Diamond Rewards Program is offered by Monte Carlo Hotel-Motel Innternational Inc. (“Monte Carlo Inns”). These Terms and Conditions are subject to interpretation by Monte Carlo Inns in its sole discretion and are governed by the law of the Province of Ontario.
- Monte Carlo Inns and its participating partners have the right to change, modify, limit, delete or add new terms and conditions, procedures, point values, redemption levels, conversion ratios, conditions for active status, regulations, list of participating hotels and partners, rewards, and reward levels at any time without notice. That includes increasing levels or number of points received for a stay or required for a reward, changing rewards, adding blackout dates, limiting rooms available for a reward at any participating hotel and changing redemption options due to the lack of availability of certain prizes. In the event that any of these conditions occur, members may not be able to obtain certain rewards. To view or obtain the most current Terms and Conditions, visit www.montecarloinns.com or call Diamond Rewards Program member services at 1.888.564.6194 or locally at 905.564.6194.
- Monte Carlo Inns has the right to terminate the Diamond Rewards Program, or any variation of the Program, by providing written notice to members' three months in advance of Program termination, without further obligation to the members. In such event, the right to earn additional points and rewards under the Program may be terminated and all accrued Program points in your account cancelled three months after notification, no matter the extent of member participation in the Program.
- Diamond Rewards Program points and redemptions earned through participating in the Program may be subject to tax liability. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of the Program points is the sole responsibility of the member.
- Fraud or abuse of the Diamond Rewards Program by members is subject to administrative and/or legal action by Monte Carlo Inns, including, but not limited to, termination of the member’s account, forfeiture of all accrued Program points, and/or cancellation of any previously issued rewards.
- Membership in the Program, accumulated points, or any redemption rights that may have been issued to or accrued by a member, will be revoked or suspended at Monte Carlo Inns’ sole discretion if a member fails to pay any Monte Carlo Inns bill when due.
- If any laws prohibit the accumulation and redemption of Program points, all rights and privileges as they pertain to the Diamond Rewards Program, shall be revoked.
- Monte Carlo Inns has the sole discretion to amend the list of participating hotels and partners that participate in the Diamond Rewards Program at any time without notice.
- Points and or redemptions that are accrued by a Program member are for the member's benefit only and may not be transferred or assigned to anyone.
- Points in a member’s account do not constitute property of the member and have no cash value. You can not sell, transfer, assign, or barter points or redeem points for cash.
- Certain black out dates apply, as determined by Monte Carlo Inns in its sole discretion, and no member shall be permitted to redeem points in the Program during such date(s).
- A member’s account shall be terminated and all accrued Program points cancelled or forfeited if the member has no account activity for a period of 730 consecutive days. Account activity is defined as the earning or redemption of Program points. A terminated account cannot be restored and will not retain any Program point balance.
SECTION 2: CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENT
- Only individuals who are 18 years of age or older may enroll in the Diamond Reward Program. Members cannot maintain more than one account or share accounts. Corporations, groups, and other entities are not eligible for membership. When traveling on business, it is the member's responsibility to comply with his/her company's policy concerning travel programs. If a company or corporation choses to redeem points on behalf of all paid stays under their corporate account agreement, individual members within that company or corporation will not be eligible to receive points. For example, if a corporation is paying for a room but not occupying the room, the corporation will have eligibility to earn points but the occupant of the room will not.
- Employees of all Monte Carlo Inns and Monte Carlo Inn’s subsidiaries, and associated and related corporations of all of the foregoing, including all restaurants and administrative departments, are not eligible to participate in the Program.
- After applying to the Diamond Rewards Program, a membership number will be assigned to each applicant. Upon receiving this membership number, an individual becomes eligible to earn Diamond Rewards Program points.
- Diamond Rewards Program points may only be earned on certain qualifying rates at participating hotels only.
- Participation in the Program and/or the rewarding and redemption of points is void where prohibited by law.
- Members are responsible for communicating name and address change information to Monte Carlo Inns. Name and address changes must be sent to Diamond Rewards Program (Attention: Membership Changes), 5th Floor, 7045 Edwards Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, L5S 1X2 and each request must include supporting legal documentation, member’s signature, date, and membership number.
SECTION 3: ACCUMULATION OF POINTS AND REWARDS
- Subject to the restrictions set out in the point structure found at the end of this paragraph 1, a Program member will earn 1 Program point for each $5.00 (Five dollars) that is paid to Monte Carlo Inns in room rates and/or meeting room rentals only, when the member pays qualifying room and/or meeting room (collectively, “Room”) rates, exclusive of all applicable taxes, at any participating Monte Carlo Inn and is a registered guest. The purchase of Monte Carlo Inn gift certificates, any restaurant charges, and any other sundry services incurred by the member, including, but not limited to, catering or banquet functions, food charges, beverage charges, and audio visual rentals charged to the Room account do not qualify for points.
- The Program member is eligible to receive points for staying at any Monte Carlo Inns participating hotel if the Room is reserved in his/her name, the Room is personally occupied (Unless being paid for by a corportation or organization) and paid for by the member, and the member has presented their Program membership card at the time of check-in or check-out. Failure to show the membership card during the payment process, either at check in or check out, will result in points not being honoured and or posted in the Program for that particular stay. A “stay” means one or more consecutive nights that a member stays at any Monte Carlo Inns participating hotel.
- Points in the Program will not be earned for any reservation(s) made and/or any accommodation stay commenced prior to the date the member's application was processed and a membership number issued as shown in our records. No retroactive credit will be given.
- If a Program member at check-in chooses to earn Diamond Rewards Program points, the member may not qualify to participate in any other discount program offered by that hotel or Monte Carlo Inns during the same stay.
- A Program member is not eligible to receive points for Rooms that may be booked and paid for by a member that are in addition to the member's own personal guest room.
- You can not earn Program points for complimentary Rooms or any third party accommodation.
- No other person except the member may earn points for his/her account. Program points for a Room shared by two members will only be awarded to the actual member who pays for the Room; for example, if two members share a Room and split the costs of the Room, then points for the amount paid by each member will be issued to that member; if on the other hand, a member and non-member share a Room that is paid for by the non-member, then the member is not able to obtain any Diamond Rewards Program points for that stay.
- Point accrual is limited to individual accommodation only. If a member attends a convention or group meeting and individually pays Monte Carlo Inns directly for the Room, he/she will be eligible to receive points for the stay. However, contract Rooms, Rooms reserved by corporations on an ongoing basis and/or master-billed Rooms are not eligible to earn Diamond Rewards Points. Wholesale packages and series tours booked through a travel agent are not eligible for points.
- If a Program member’s individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the member is are responsible for the authorization of settlement at check-out, your stay is eligible for points under the Program. Group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple Rooms are placed on one hotel bill and or billed to a company or settled at check out by one individual are eligible for points by the company or group master (whomever is taking care of the charges).
- When a Program member chooses to earn points, if eligible, through our sales office for a group reservation, group meeting contract Rooms, master-billed Rooms, or a reservation made through an online travel agency or referred to as a third party site he/she forfeits the option of earning points for his/her personal Room.
• Each $5.00 of the Room rate = 1 point
• Minimum Purchase per Transaction = $50.00
• Maximum Purchase per Transaction = $5,000.00
• Minimum Points per Transaction = 10 points
• Maximum Points per Transaction = 1,000 points
• Initial Point Balance on issuance of Diamond Rewards Card = 0 points
• Point Balance upon online registration = 0 points
• Point Balance upon linking and liking the members Diamond rewards account to the Monte Carlo Inn Facebook page (www.facebook.com/montecarloinns) = 20 points
Points will not be given, nor rewards or redemption coupons honored, at any subsidiary or affiliate of Monte Carlo Inns, unless otherwise advertised. If a Monte Carlo Inns property ceases to be a participating hotel, all stays (including those previously booked on Program points) subsequent to such date will not be eligible to earn Program points and redemption coupons used for any such stay will not be honoured regardless of when the reservation was made. A member can not use Program points and/or a redemption coupon for a stay at a participating property that was a participating property at the time of such booking but is not a participating property at the time of the scheduled stay; all such redemption coupons to expire one year from the date it is printed.
SECTION 4: ACCOUNT ACTIVITY STATEMENT
- A Program member will receive a transaction statement with each qualifying stay; the statement will include the number of points earned on the current transaction and the updated point balance that the member has accumulated.
- A Program member must register to view his/her account activity online at the Monte Carlo Inns website. Once registered, a member may view his/her account earning activity online. Please note that once the Program is active and available online, a Member must wait approximately 10 to 14 business days after checkout in order for their stay to be posted onto the online system.
- If a proper point credit does not appear on the member's statement, the member may send the original paid hotel receipt, his/her Program membership number, and a letter to Monte Carlo Inns requesting missing points to: Diamond Rewards Program (Attention: Diamond Rewards Administrator), 5th Floor, 7045 Edwards Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, L5S 1X2. Please allow approximately four to six weeks for accounts to be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. Requests to add, modify, or change Monte Carlo Inn stays and or points to the member’s membership number that are more than one year from the date of the receipt issued in connection with the stay in question cannot be accommodated.
- If more than one membership number is assigned to an individual, he/she will only receive points for only one account. Duplicate accounts will be canceled by Monte Carlo Inns and all points accumulated under such duplicate accounts will be lost. Enrollment bonuses (if applicable) are only given to Program members for one account.
SECTION 5: REDEMPTION OPTIONS INCLUDING RESERVATIONS
- Program points can only be redeemed by Program members for a free stay(s) by the member at participating Monte Carlo Inn properties. Redemption coupons (or any other rewards) are not otherwise transferable or redeemable for cash. No redemption coupons will be issued to Program members until such time as the Program member has registered their account online. Once a member elects to receive or redeem his/her Program points, a redemption coupon is issued to the member and the redemption coupon expires one year from the date it is printed. A member must present the redemption coupon at the time of the redemption of the reward.
- Program points will be deducted from the member’s account at the time the redemption request is made and all rewards will be received based on the availability of the redemption. All redemptions are final and rewards may not be returned for credit. Members may not be able to combine rewards with other discounts or special offers of Program members.
- When using Diamond Reward Program points for a hotel stay, the Program member must either make a reservation in advance by calling the hotel property directly, calling the Monte Carlo Inns Central Reservations number (1.800.363.6400), making a reservation on-line at www.montecarloinns.com, or by walking in to any participating Monte Carlo Inns participating property. Some restrictions and or blackout dates apply to the availability of hotel stays through the Diamond Rewards Program at the sole discretion of the Monte Carlo Inns.
- Payment for hotel stays using Program reward points must be confirmed with the hotel or with Monte Carlo Inns guest services agent at the time of reservation or check-in. Reservations can only be made if availability for Program-based stays exists at the time of making the reservation. All rewards are subject to availability and certain conditions and limitations established by Monte Carlo Inns that are in effect at the time of redemption, which are incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions. Blackout periods or increased point requirements may apply for certain dates. To make a reservation, the member must provide their membership number and other relevant personal information for verification. After confirming a reservation, the member must show their Program membership card upon check-in.
- Diamond Rewards Program reservations may only be made in the manner described herein and if the required number of Program points are present in the member's account at the time of booking.
SECTION 6: REDEMPTION PROCEDURES
- When checking in to a participating hotel, the Program member must present their Diamond Rewards Program membership card and their redemption coupon, the member must also indicate that he/she intends to pay for the Room in full or partially with the points associated with such card and the redemption coupon. Additionally, all members redeeming Program points and/or redemption coupons must present government issued photo identification at the time of check-in.
- Rewards will not be replaced, refunded, or reissued, nor points re-credited to a member’s account for any reason, including if the reward is lost, stolen, defaced, mutilated, or otherwise destroyed. If is the member's responsibility to report any lost or stolen membership card to the Diamond Rewards Program member services at 1.888.564.6194 or locally at 905.564.6194 immediately to avoid unauthorized use of the card. Monte Carlo Inns is not responsible for any lost, mislaid, or stolen membership card. If your membership card is lost or stolen, the accrued Program points to date may, at our sole discretion, be transferred by us to a replacement Program account.
- Rewards are valid only for the individual noted on the member card and are not transferable, unless otherwise noted in these Terms and Conditions.
- All Program points redeemed for hotel rooms are for standard 1-bedroom suites and standard Jacuzzi Suites. The Monte Carlo Inns property has the right to exercise limitations on room availability based on special event days.
- All complimentary redemptions do not include incidental charges and taxes, which charges are the sole responsibility of the member.
- No commission shall be paid to any third party, including travel agents, on any complimentary redemption(s).
- All redemption rewards are based on availability and can be substituted at the sole discretion of the Monte Carlo Inns.
- You may only redeem Diamond Rewards Program points in the following amounts: 200,300,400,600,5000,6000,7000. Rewards may change from time to time. For the most up to date list of rewards, see the rewards schedule found on our web site at www.montecarloinns.com
- All redemption merchandise must be retrieved at one of the participating Monte Carlo Inns. All costs (including, without limitation, government fees and taxes, service charges, Canadian federal inspection fees, or any other fees, surcharges, or taxes imposed by foreign governments for international travel) attributed to the shipping of any redemption merchandise is the sole obligation of the Diamond Rewards Program member and must be paid for in advance of receipt of the merchandise by the member.
- Monte Carlo Inns reserves the right to change, cancel and or remove any redemption options at their sole discretion without further notice to the Program Member. 11. All Program members are responsible for understanding the Program rules, these Terms and Conditions, tracking their Program points, and maintaining the security of their Program membership account.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is deemed as any information, factual or subjective, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form such as:
• Age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin or blood type
• Opinions, evaluations, comments, social status or disciplinary actions
• Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records
• Information regarding a dispute between a consumer and merchant.
What Information is Not Personal Information?
We value your business and thank you for your confidence in choosing the Monte Carlo Inns as your hotel of choice. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry your personal information is processed on an ongoing basis. We respect the trust you have in us and want you to be aware of our commitment to protecting the information you share with us in the course of doing business.
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
When you make a reservation, check in or use any other service at the Monte Carlo Inns including but not limited to our Diamond Rewards Program, you share personal information with our organization, therefore allowing us to provide you with a more efficient product. We assume that by contacting us you consent to the Monte Carlo Inns using this information in the manner disclosed in this policy. The Monte Carlo Inns may use and disclose this information for the following reasons:
• Customer Service - the information will be used to facilitate your next check-in, process any payment for services provided by the Monte Carlo Inns and, wherever possible, to meet your personal preferences in accommodation.
• Marketing - the information will be used to advise you of goods and services offered by or arranged through the Monte Carlo Inns.
• Market Research - the information will be used to improve the offering of goods and services.
What We Will Not Do With Your Information
The Monte Carlo Inns does not sell personal information to anyone. The Monte Carlo Inns does not share personal information with other organizations within the hospitality industry or elsewhere, except as it may be required to process any payment for services provided by the Monte Carlo Inns.
We Strive To Protect Your Personal Information
All of the employees of the Monte Carlo Inns, who are granted access to the personal information of our customers, understand the need to keep your personal information protected and confidential. Our employees know that the personal information should be used only for the purpose intended. These expectations are clearly communicated to our employees. The Monte Carlo Inns have also ensured that our customers’ personal information is properly stored, therefore protecting our customers’ personal information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your implied consent at any time (with reasonable notice) by contacting any of our Chief Privacy Officers. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the requested product and or service.
From time to time we may send you general information about new services and products provided at the Monte Carlo Inns. If you would rather not receive this type of information, please contact any of our Chief Privacy Officers.
Diamond Rewards Program Privacy Issues
- The Monte Carlo Inns respects the privacy of its Program members and is committed to protecting your personal information. When you become a member of the Diamond Rewards Program, Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliates collect information that you supply, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, room preference and general billing information. The Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliate’s use and share personal information about members in order to administer member’s accounts and to offer and provide rewards, benefits, products, goods, and services to members in connection with the Diamond Rewards Program.
- The Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliates may share personal information with third parties engaged to assist them in providing services to you or to carry out one of the business intentions described above in Section 1. These services providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide the assistance described above.
- If required or permitted by law, Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliates may collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities.
- By becoming a Program member, you authorize Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliates to contact you via postal mail or e-mail in respect to transactional or administrative program information, program promotions, specials, discounts, bonuses, or contests. If you wish not to be contacted, you may instruct Monte Carlo Inns to remove your name and address, by contacting us at the address information described above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monte Carlo Inns and its affiliates may share your personal information for marketing purposes to companies that are business associates. You may instruct Monte Carlo Inns to remove your name and address, by contacting us at the address information described above or by email at email@example.com
Dealing With Complaints and/or Inquirers
If You Need More Information
Monte Carlo Hotel/Motel Innternational Inc. has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer. Effective January 1, 2004 all matters related to privacy issues at the Monte Carlo Inns can be forwarded in writing or phone or by e-mail, to:
Monte Carlo Hotel/Motel Innternational Inc. 7045 Edwards Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2H8
Attention: Justin Meffe, Chief Privacy Officer